Targa 50 GT
This express cruiser was built on the principles of no compromise. To offer accommodation of such proportions within a 50 foot hull was a testing challenge for our design team.
Walk through the Targa 50 GRAN TURISMO and you’d be forgiven for wondering where all the space has come from. Our brief was to maximise room sizes and head clearance, even if it meant going back to the drawing board. Which we did, many times, until we were happy that we had created rooms with a spacious ‘luxury apartment’ feel. Of course, this is a true GRAN TURISMO and the smooth-sliding roof, sweeping panoramic windows and rear glazing that simply glides up and out of the way, opens the whole boat to the world around you.
Moving bulkheads back further than traditional design dictates has allowed us to create more free-flowing floorspace around beds, fixtures and fittings. The hull was designed to make it beamier and fuller at the front, the result is a luxuriously large forward cabin that doesn’t suffer from the usual ‘squeezed into the bow’ feeling.
Finding more space hasn’t been to the detriment of the practicalities of this remarkable 50 footer. The headspace remains generous even for six footers. The engine bay is free from clutter with everything at hand for ease of use. And not an inch had to be taken from the large lazarette, or well-appointed optional single crew cabin.
In the open
You can specify Fairline’s hydraulically powered Tender Launch System for the quickest way to launch and retrieve your tender. There’s also the option of a hydraulic passerelle for effortless boarding. And a hydraulic sunshade opens all the way aft to give you a fully usable outdoor space free from direct sunlight.
- Length overall (inc. pulpit): 51ft (15.55m)
- Length overall (ex. pulpit): 49ft 1in (14.96m)
- Beam (inc. gunwale): 14ft 8in (4.47m)
- Number of berths: 6 - 7
- Draught: 3ft 11in (1.20m) unloaded
- Height above waterline (inc. arch + nav. light mast): 16ft 4in (4.99m)
- Transport height: 15ft 5in (4.69m)
- Dry weight (approx.): 17.91 tons (18,200kg)
- Fuel capacity: 503 gals/604 US gals (2,288L)
- Water capacity (inc. calorifier):121 gals/145 US gals (550L)
Engines and Performance
Engine recommendations (twin): from 1,340mhp to 1,420mhp
- 2 x Volvo Penta D11-670 EVC Shaft Diesel 670mhp each: 32 knots
- 2 x Caterpillar C12-710 Shaft Diesel 710mhp each: 33 knots
- Electric retractable glazed roof with one-touch operation and pneumatic seal
- Enclosed fully-furnished upper saloon
- Single-level living with aft galley area
- Hinged aft window from galley to cockpit option
- Power-drop saloon windows option
- Spacious forward master cabin with king size bed and overhead glazing
- Port and starboard mid-ship guest cabins (starboard with double bed conversion)
- Lazarette or crew cabin with full-width aft glazing option
- Powered tendalino sunshade option
- Tender Launch System option