Fairline Yachts have a long history is designing and manufacturing award winning yachts and we are looking to recruit a full time Electrical Engineer to join our Design and Engineering team in Oundle near Peterborough.
The role will support all engineering activity on New Product Introduction, Custom Yacht division, facelifts, as part of the long range development plan and support for current models.
The Electrical Engineer will:
- Function all electrical engineering tasks, in order to deliver New Product Introduction, custom requests, facelift programmes and production support and other special projects within Fairline Yachts.
- Liaise with our Engineering partners in Holland and our production teams to ensure fit for purpose solutions on new models.
- Assist in delivering solutions from the requests made through the Custom Yacht Division.
- Support our Production team with any day to day issues.
- Produce drawings and specification documents to allow quotation, purchase and manufacture of components.
- Liaise with both the internal purchasing team, external suppliers, and the production teams within the business.
- Supplier meetings and visits.
- Attend relevant boat and trade shows.
- Some foreign travel may be required
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of yacht electrical engineering. It is preferred to have working knowledge of RCD Standards and CANBUS Electrical systems.
- Good time management skills to ensure that your time is managed effectively, to maintain the completion of work, in line with the Fairline Yachts build schedule.
- That they are adaptable, and able to work on several projects at once, and within a short period of time.
- A “can do” attitude, with a willingness to learn, combined with strong team working skills.
- Good written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
- Degree qualified is preferred but will also consider candidates with relevant marine experience.
- Some experience in using 2D and 3D CAD software. We currently use Siemens NX, Solid Edge and Solidworks.
- This role reports to the Design and Engineering Manager
Please send your CV with a cover letter to: